Montag, 30. Januar 2012

BookBrunch ~ The Weed That Strings The Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley

Aloha BookBrunchers,

I am sure you got my point with the wizard-like chemistry-smart-ass Flavia of my BookBrunch last week. Big confession to make: I could not wait to pick up the next Flavia de Luce-Novel and I am so happy I ordered all of them at once (yeah, kind of addiction here). And next confession: I am on the 3rd on already and chances are quite good I will finish the book this week too ;-)
I am a bit afraid of this as I do not know what to do then as the next novel is awaited by a lot of Flavia-fans I guess BUT to be fair to Alan Bradley, he should pay absolutely the same attention to Flavia's next adventure as to the past ones: Love them!

In this book Flavia is fortunate enough to stumble upon the next deathly encounter and her poison-passion is fully on fire again. With a lot of whit and jolly good fun she is about to support Inspector Hewitt (and intends to impress his beautiful wife Antigone) when a popular puppet-master is murdererd in Bishop's Lacey while half of the village is watching his marvellous performance. Due to her close attention and her knowledge about the place she is able to put all pieces of the puzzle together and this time she is way ahead of all other investigationerers.
What is proofed ones more: Nothing is as trivial as it seems; at the same time nothing is so complicated as life makes it simple and flat like this.
Oh, and I always wish I would have payed closer attention in chemistry now that I was introduced to the incredible Flavia de Luce.


Cheers,
StrangenessOfHeart


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen