Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013

Matter Of Opinion | Minimalism



Aloha All,

I am infected with the idea of minimalism. I love the thought of not owning so much objects I don’t care about and the very thought to just jump out the door and travel without having to deal with a lot of mess to clean up and get sorted.
I first stumbled upon this idea a few weeks ago when I had trouble with my flat (very unpleasant: It is not properly isolated which leads after this long, cold winter to some pretty bad mould. The whole complex is affected which is about 8 apartments in total).
I played with the thought of moving anyways but this is a not too untrivial reason, right?

My second thought was: What to do with all my stuff? I was just tired of thinking about moving all those things with me!!!

I then considered what really made me happy and what was just there. It was eye opening! There is not too much which is of value for me really (I don’t mean the monetary value but the emotional one).
Hard to say but I got so distracted by consuming (especially for substitution because of long hours at work). Very unsatisfying from the point I am now.

Luckily I stumbled upon blogs which discuss (and some even promote) the idea of minimalism or downshifting.
I liked it! No, I love it right now.

So this brought me to one big challenge: Over the course of 1 year I want to give away 1 thing per day (at least one thing, more are optional).
I will toss it in the bin, sell it or gift it to someone who likes/needs/ uses the object but I will strip down my possessions to more emotional valuable things. (Of course I need some basics in my household but that is it – no more escape in consume or food)!

I challenge myself. One of the biggest so far when I am honest with myself because I tend to consume so much unnecessary stuff!

In the course I will also focus more on my Empties videos, get-rid-of-posts & my more sensible consume (I hope).

Stay tuned and feel free to join the discussion.
Cheers  
StrangenessOfHeart

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen