Dienstag, 30. April 2013

Matter Of Opinion | StrangenessOfHeart



Dear all,

Please let me introduce a new little serious of mine where I will just write down my silly thoughts towards one or the other topic.
I will just let all my thoughts whirl around and type them down. I do not intend on discriminate someone, affront or insult in any way. It is just my own opinion and if you would like to share some thought on it too – you are very welcome.

First thing will be : Drugstore vs Highend & a bit of overindulgence

So a lot of debates are on the go with this. And I think it is safe to say that there is a steady struggle between both ends of the scale.
But is Highend really always the better quality?
Are Drugstore items of bad quality and “unworthy” or only for beginners and people with low budget?

I started with drugstore make up and it was fine to me. I tried lip glosses and mascaras – I guess the most young females do so – and it was ok.
One Christmas I can remember quite good my mum gave me my first high-end mascara (Helena Rubinstein). It was precious to me – although I had no idea it was far more expensive than the ones I used to put on in daily routine. And I was impressed but honestly : I could not tell if I was impressed by the effectiveness or the fact that it was so lovely packaged and expensive.

I then tried some drugstore things (lipstick, mascaras mainly, some powders)  but as I was a real tomboy until just 2010/2011 it was more or less just the tiniest hint of something which would fascinate me much more than I could have ever imagined.

So then the time came and I met a friend who is obsessed with make-up, especially with drugstore make-up and limited editions (she is a hunter - for real). And she woke my interest & I got quickly obsessed too!
So I over-indulged on drugstore make-up. My hunger was nourished (not stilled yet!) by millions of youtube videos & blogs – omg, I could spend hours over hours and day after day searching for reviews and swatches, hauls & make up collections.
It was such a big new, fancy world to me & especially as I am not a typical “beauty”. I am not a Quasimodo but I guess you know what I mean – I am just not the one you would call beautiful when you see me. I am just normal / average (no offence ;-) just realism).

With some more experience and all the nice things I got a hunger for a lot more harder to rech for brands. Sleek Make Up, e.l.f., MUA, Revlon, Cover Girl etc … at this stage too: No personal hesitation when something was in reach: I ordered, bought & happily tried (and all too often neglected – how could you use that much of makeup?!?)
Next step up then was highend cosmetic but more on the lower end of highend: We talk especially Benefit Cosmetics, Mac, O.P.I Nail polish – I will never be someone for Chanel, YSL, Dior etc  as this is ridiculous to me!

Quite frankly I am not too impressed on all the highend products. As they living not up to the hype and more than once I am disappointed or think to myself that this is far overpriced. So I am know investigation much more time before I spend money on anything.
There are so many great reasonable priced products out there.
And especially as the drugstore brands imitate some highend products nearly perfectly. I come to the conclusion that it is ok to invest in one or two outstanding products (which I merely will one of my beloved ones endow to me for either birthday, Christmas or whatever occasion  J

à So why spend more when there is an alternative?

Cheers,
StrangenessOfHeart



PS: I will post separately which products I found worth the hype and which didn’t live up to my standards. Also I will do my most beloved drugstore purchases.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen