Montag, 31. Dezember 2012

2012 - 2013 | NYE Resolutions anyone?



Aloha All,

It is this time of the year when people start their New Year’s resolution. As last year I am still not a fan of this but at the same time I am still a victim, who fell (and will fall) for it each and every year.
I think it has more to do with the time which you now have … I mean you are surrounded by family and friends. You start to evaluate your year, tell one another what was great and what went wrong. You share your success stories but also the points where you didn’t know how to go on. Where you were stuck. Even when you are writing the Christmas cards you start to let some memories of the past year slip in. May it me situations were you shared a most wonderful experience. Or may it be a very complicated or even tough time where the one you are writing to stood firm beside you and managed to get you through. All this is coming on the last days of the year.
So your thoughts as directly flowing to your overall goals, dreams and struggles. You start evaluating everything just for yourself…

I started directly after the Christmas holidays with the recap of 2012:
What where my successes? What went wrong? In which situation did I like myself and felt comfortable? In which situation did I not live up to my expectations? What or who made me suffer? Where did I break down? Who were the people who stood on my side when the world seemed to end right now (over-dramatizing I know)?
Did I make the right decisions? Am I on track for my dreams and wishes?
So all these questions are spinning in my mind and this is why I need to write right now! This is why you most certainly will read these lines I am typing so eagerly. Lines I will most certainly not reread or correct or anything. Just because I want to get them out and find some peace to rest.

So as you can tell I did quite some brain work and I a have to confess: I am not too happy with myself. It is a lot wrong in my life and I am far from a change, far from even a bit of the right direction because of my inner fights and obligations; expectations I raised towards myself a long time ago. These obligation should no longer be valid for me but still I can’t really break myself free from them.
But (and now my resolution kicks in) I am eager to do something about it. I am eager to kick my own ass to at least start moving in the right direction.

My resolutions:
-          Don’t let chances just pass by: Jump on and try!
-          Move physically and with your set obligations & expectations
-          Be open towards other people and see where it leads
-          Adventures – let them happen! Bring the magic on!
-          Stand firm beside the beloved ones you want to protect

Do you have resolutions? Are you in a similar situation as I am?

Hope you have an awesome start in 2013 – always remember: Bad decisions make good stories!

Cheers,
StrangenessOfHeart

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen