Samstag, 29. Dezember 2012

Favourites 2012 - Books



Aloha All,

This is my “Books of the Year 2012” post. Hope you like it and as always: If there are any recommendations – I am totally going for it!!! So thanks at this stage!

And here we go with incredible books (in my opinion):
Mitch Albom books: I recommend his books in general as they are so smart and witty and truthful! They are eye openers and make your soul sing! So, if you only going to read one book in 2013 I would suggest to go for one of Mitch’s books – especially “Tuesday with Morrie” will widen your horizon! Promise!

Flavia de Luce-Series: I fell for this smart-ass called Flavia. She is a young and very bright little “inspector”. Flavia’s career as solving murder-cases is starting with an uninspected death in the grounds of Buckshaw in England where small Flavia and her 2 sisters live. As she is a master of the chemical mysteries out there she is hooked on the case asap and with the possibilities of a jolly cool girl she is kicking ass (especially those of the real inspectors). You will have a jolly good time reading what the young Miss is discovering along the way….

Kate Morton: The Distant Hours or The Forgotten Garden – Kate is one of the most talented authors I stumbled upon. Omg, she is so good in just kidnapping your mind from reality and let it snap back in her phenomenally constructed world! I found myself (with both books and I just ordered the 3rd one) in a parallel world like it is so rare these days (it was far easier when I was younger and didn’t have to worry about so much). But Kate is a master in telling you the utmost wonderful stories which feel so real. So don’t be surprised to find yourself with a pounding heart when the main character is in pure excitement or that you get goose bumps because the main character stumbles upon a co-incident to hard to believe.
Love those books and I call myself lucky to have found her J Thanks Kate for your tremendous work!!!

These are my favourite books or more the authors – as I am often hooked on a special style of writing. These three are the ones which enlightened and brightened up my reading adventures a lot in 2012. Hope you feel the same thrill while discovering their stories!

Cheers,
StrangenessOfHeart

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen